Monday, July 7, 2014

Pic o' the Day #1301- How I do it.

I'm still slowly working my way through the backlog of photos I took on my trip last summer (I took over 10,000!), reliving each day with much pleasure. As I go through the piles of images, I color correct, straighten them, and add keywords so that I can find them later on. I use a program from Adobe called Lightroom, which has both development and organizational modes, handy when you have a lot of photos (235,867 and counting!) I also try to track down who the artist(s) might have been, the date of the art, and categorize into styles and periods. Sometimes (usually), when I'm shooting somewhere it's hard to keep track of all the info, so I try to shoot the placards in the room, or some other clue as to who, when, or why. It can be a bit of a puzzle when I get home to put it all back together, and I spend many hours on Wikipedia, Google, and Flickr connecting the dots and filling in gaps with other people's info and photos.

Tomorrow I'll talk some more about how I shoot these pics.
Another shot of the trompe l'oeil column at Oplontis with the same problem as yesterday's post; the base of the column is seen dead flat while it is sitting on a plane that is seen from an angle. So strange that they knew how to do all the parts of perspective (including how to draw the base at an angle) but didn't see the big picture of how to put all those parts together into a coherent whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment